Add a sign up-form to your website
This is how to create a double opt-in sign up-form to put on your website in order to collect contacts to your newsletter.
WHAT THE PROCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- The contact fills out the sign up-form on your website.
- When the contacts clicks the Submit-button a confirmation-email containing a confirmation link automatically will be sent to the email address the contact entered.
a confirmation-page will be shown (“We have sent an email with a confirmation link to your email address. In order to complete the sign-up process, please click the confirmation link.) or an error-page (“Something went wrong. Please try again in a couple of minutes, or contact our support.“).
- The contact opens the email in her/his inbox and clicks the confirmation link.
The contact is now added to the contact list in your Ungapped-account.
(If the contact never clicks the confirmation link the contact won’t be added to your Ungapped-account.
A welcome email is now sent to the contact (“Welcome to our newsletter!”). Sending a welcome email to new subscribers is optional.
- First create the contact list/s that the contacts should be added to. (Give the contact list a good and logical name, for instance “Sign up-form on our website”)
- Create three pages on your website:
a) a “confirmation”-page
(An email has been sent to your inbox. Please open the email and click on the button in it to verify your email address and subscription.)
b) a “success”-page
(We’ve received your email address and you will get our newsletter shortly.)
c) an “error”-page
(Ooops, something wen’t wrong. Try again in a couple of minutes, or contact our support.)
You need the url:s to these three pages.
- Create one (two) email/s on your Ungapped-account:
a) a “confirmation”-email (This is the email that automatically will be sent to the email address the contact enters. The contact needs to click on a button in this email in order to confirm their subscription)
b) a “welcome”-email (Glad you decided to join us! As a welcome gift we’ve enclosed a coupon…) NOTE! Sending a welcome-email is optional!
NOTE! You must send these email/s to a test list (so they can be found in the statistics).
AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Click on “the three dots” to the right of Contacts, and then click on Subscription Form Generator.
- Choose the contact list to which the contacts should be added (you can choose multiple lists).
- Enable double opt-in for your email list by selecting a confirmation-mailing that will be sent to those who subscribe (NOTE! This email must have been sent to a contact list so it’s located under the “Sent”-tab.) The confirmation-mailing must contain a confirmation-link the contact must click on in order to confirm the subscription (see image below on where you find this link). If you do not select an email for this section double opt-in will be disabled.
After you’ve chosen the confirmation-mailing you shall enter the url to the webpage the contact shall see after hitting the confirmation-link. This webpage you create on your website.
Choose a welcome-mailing that will be sent to the new subscriber after s/he has confirmed her/his email address. (NOTE! This email must have been sent to a contact list so it’s located under the “Sent”-tab.)
- Enter the url:s to the confirmation-page, success-page and error-page. These pages you create on your website.
- Choose the data you want your sign up-form to collect (at the moment only email address (or sms-number) is required, but from may 2018 you must also add a consent box if the contact signing up is within EU). (GDPR)
- Copy the HTML-code down at the right hand side and paste it into the HTML-code on your own website.
NOTE! The sign up-form is unstyled – style it yourself with CSS.
- Test filling out the sign up-form and check that your contact has been added to the contact list on your Ungapped-account after you’ve confirmed your subscription.